RE: [xsl] I'm trying to convert fixed width files to XML using the example

Subject: RE: [xsl] I'm trying to convert fixed width files to XML using the example
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:06:20 -0000
> 3) I'm using the javax.xml.transform API in J2SE.
>
> 4) Where an XSLT file has a statement like <xsl:import
> href="FixedLengthRoutines.xsl" />, am I able to
> programmatically instantiate a Transform object and pass in
> an InputStream of the said imported XSLT file as a parameter?

You can write a URIResolver that is called to process the URI
FixedLengthRoutines.xsl and that returns a StreamSource that wraps an
InputStream.

Take care to ensure that you always call setSystemId() on your Source
objects, because even if you are using your own URIResolver, the system will
first try to make any relative URIs absolute.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/