RE: [xsl] formatting characters...

Subject: RE: [xsl] formatting characters...
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:34:09 -0000
Simplest solution is to output a <pre> element containing the formatted text
- this tells the browser to preserve  the formatting. Without it, all
sequences of whitespace characters in HTML are considered equivalent to a
single space.

If you want to do more elaborate formatting, you're going to have to parse
the text, look for the whitespace characters, and construct proper HTML
markup such as ul/li (and/or CSS styles) to indicate how you want it
displayed.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/