Re: [xsl] document($RssXmlFeed) not connecting [Get a java 'Connection refused: connect' error]

Subject: Re: [xsl] document($RssXmlFeed) not connecting [Get a java 'Connection refused: connect' error]
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:41:49 +0100
Web Developer wrote:
hmmm couldnt find anything funky with firewall...
Might try looking with Wireshark/Ethereal to see what communication is
trying to go on.
Anyone know what port would java.net class/saxon use to pull the
document in? regular old TCP over port 80?

java.net or saxon do not specify a port. The IANA default port for HTTP is port 80. If a page is served on another port, it is you who should specify it, not the application. Your code is correct. Try to run it from another location or computer. Make sure to use the most recent Saxon implementation.

If it used to work, and now stops working, and you did not change the XSLT code, it is very unlikely that the problem lies in your code. Even more, XSLT does nothing with url resolving, it leaves it entirely up to the processor.

If you are uncertain where the problem lies, try loading the page using a simple GET command from a telnet session. If that works, try setting up a socket connection from Java. If that works, you'll find that Saxon will work too (I know, because I tried your code using your command and your stylesheet).

-- Abel