RE: [xsl] Adding *xmlns* attribute dynamically

Subject: RE: [xsl] Adding *xmlns* attribute dynamically
From: "Gabriel Osorio" <gosorio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:33:22 -0500
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5536.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Kishore Bankupelle [mailto:brkkis@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 5:40 AM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xsl] Adding *xmlns* attribute dynamically

Hi,

I am new to XSL and writing a XSL to transform list of XSDs to another list
of XSD.

The issue is, i want to assign a dynamic value for "xmlns" attribute in
<xs:schema>. From the mailing archieves i see that i cannot add "xmlns" as
an attribute. If i try below

*<xs:schema>
    <xsl:attribute name="xmlns">
       <xsl:value-of select="$ReqResName" />
  </xsl:attribute>
</xs:schema>
*
where "ReqResName" is a variable(<xsl:variable>), i am getting the below
error.

*Illegal value used for attribute name: name*

I believe this is because of adding "xmlns" as an attribute. If you add the
attribute "xmlns" directly to the tag, you cant change the attribute value
dynamically. So,

*<xs:schema version="1.0" xmlns="????????">some child elemnsts</xs:schema>*

The above example does not give you a way to change the value represented by
"??????" dynamically. I mean to say we cant access any XSL variable in the
place of "????????".

So if i want to change the value of "xmlns" attribute in "<xs:schema>", what
is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kishore