Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] something I'd really like in XSLT
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 14:28:08 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:
I remember my lessons correctly, the precedence is calculated by means of priority,

be careful of terminology: there is "import precedence" and "priority" both of which affect which templates are used if multiple templates match, but they are not directly related.

"import precedence" just relates to the stylesheet module that the
template is in, not to the form of the match pattern.

"priority" relates to the explict priority attribute, or if no such
attribute exists, to the default priority for the match pattern.

Ah, yes, thanks for making it more clear, I was mixing them up.

I think I meant: the "priority that is affected by the import precedence". But that isn't a correct statement either. Perhaps this: "The import precedence only overrules a certain match if the priorities (default or explicit) are equal".