Re: [xsl] Filterting an OO document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filterting an OO document
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:13:38 +0200
Michael B Allen wrote:
Indeed. That helps. However, whenever an HTML tag is emitted the entire
block of xmlns definitions are coped into the output tag. Why is that
and how do I stop it?

Why? I'd be guessing. I leave that to others to answer ;)

But to get rid of them is easy. Just use the 'exclude-result-prefixes' int he xsl:stylesheet declaration and give it a space-separated list of prefixes you don't want. However, when you use a namespace that is required in your output, this declaration won't stop it from appearing, because otherwise the result document would not be what you intend it to be.

Note that the appearance of extra namespaces don't change the XML nor the way it will be handled by applications for further processing.

-- Abel Braaksma