Re: [xsl] How to merge multiple XML files

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to merge multiple XML files
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:44:25 +0200
Please read the reply that George Cristian Bina sent you: you can use the fn:collection() function to your purpose in XSLT 2.0

Another option is to use Kernow For Saxon, written by Andrew Welch, it can do this automatically for you: http://kernowforsaxon.sourceforge.net/

If you want to write extension functions, you can do so, just consult the manual of the processor you use. You cannot embed any language into XSLT (though MS parsers allow you to embed JScript, but this is considered a grand Bad Idea).

If you just want to concatenate several files, you can use type in DOS/Windows. A simple Batch file should get you there (just pipe the dir listing to the type command and redirect to any file you choose).

Cheers,
Abel

J. S. Rawat wrote:
Can I embed Perl script within XSLT? or Can I call external perl file? and HOW!!!!