Re: [xsl] Testing with MSXML 3.0 or MSXML 6.0 (WAS: XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Testing with MSXML 3.0 or MSXML 6.0 (WAS: XSL 2.0 and .NET and VB)
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:55:50 +0200
On 03/07/07, Joe Fawcett <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>At the very beginning of this thread I cited Abel Braaksma which
>answered this question. By the way, if you install MSXML6 on
>non-Vista, then it becomes the default for both IE6 and IE7 - if
>I understood him correctly.
MSXML 6 does not become the default in IE, it always uses version 3.0
for PI initiated transforms.
Thanks for this correction!

I have put online a test http://test.rudolphina.org/Test_IE.xml for a slightly
modified version of the stylesheet I posted a few days ago:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200706/msg00452.html
It demonstrates some surprising problems with MSXML3 and I hope
someone will test it with MSXML6 for a comparision.

Manfred