[xsl] Validating XML against a Schema using XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Validating XML against a Schema using XSLT
From: "Mark Anderson" <mark.anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:48:15 +0100
Hi All

I'm working on a new XSL project where I will receive and XML from an
external system, and transform it into a T-SQL script.

I have created a schema for the supplied XML and I want to find a way to
validate the XML against the schema before I even start to transform it
to T-SQL (this will dramatically simplify my stored procedure, as I can
skip most of the error checking for required fields and correct data
types)

Is there a way to do this with XSL? Right now I'm using 1.0 and MSXML,
but if it required a SA XSLT processor, we could spring for that.

Regards

M a r k