[xsl] [ann] Kernow 1.5.1

Subject: [xsl] [ann] Kernow 1.5.1
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:27:25 +0100
I've just uploaded the latest version of Kernow - 1.5.1, available from:

http://kernowforsaxon.sourceforge.net/

This latest version includes:

- The latest Saxon 8.9.0.4 Basic
- Multithreaded directory transforms
- Improved cross-platform UI, especially the XQuery Sandbox
- A Performance Testing feature for Single File and Standalone
transforms (requested by Florent)
- A Namespace Binding feature for the XQuery Sandbox (supplied by
Florent, thanks!)

New since 1.4:

- A very high level API for running transforms, such as to run a
directory transform with a compiled stylesheet and caching resolvers
it's just:

Kernow kernow = new Kernow();
kernow.runDirectoryTransform(input, transform, output, params);

You can set all of the configuration options easily eg:

Config config = kernow.getConfig();
config.setThreadPoolSize(3);
config.setNovw(true);

- The Batch tab to run multiple transforms in sequence.  When you want
to run a series of transforms one after the other its convenient to
use Ant, and the Batch tab makes it easy to run all targets just
individual ones.

Kernow is becoming quite popular now, so if you have any feature
requests (or find any bugs) please let me know - either on the Kernow
mailing, submitting a bug report or just mail me directly.

cheers andrew -- http://andrewjwelch.com