Re: [xsl] String-length of substring-before is giving me wrong number

Subject: Re: [xsl] String-length of substring-before is giving me wrong number
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:43:10 +0200
J. Zhang wrote:

I have got a string:

"Yoshimi Battles the Hip-Hop Robots"

The $keyword = hip

I count the substring before the $keyword like this:

string-length(substring-before($string, $keyword))

When I count the length before the keyword, it returning to me 0, which is wrong.

Why is that wrong? If the spelling above is correct and not an error of incorrect cut 'n' paste it is precisely what is should return: '0' when the string is not found (which means: the string 'hip' that you are searching for does not appear in the string).

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma