Re: [xsl] extend an xslt template defined elsewhere?

Subject: Re: [xsl] extend an xslt template defined elsewhere?
From: "Anthony Ettinger" <anthony@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:07:50 -0700
On 10/20/07, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Its too bad <xsl:attribute-set> doesn't support xsl:if or xsl:choose.
>
> more or less anywhere where you could use attribute sets you could
> instead used a named template, and if you do you can use any xsl
> instruction. (One reason why I don't think attribute sets are very much
> used (I have never used them nearly a decade of XSL use.)
>
> David

I can see its benefit in a case where you have multiple inheritance
and want a central configurable parameter set.

I ended up just overriding the existing template in my customization
layer. Its ok for now, but eventually I will end up overriding just
about all of docbook's xhtml to gain finer control.

--
Anthony Ettinger
Ph: 408-656-2473

http://chovy.dyndns.org/resume/