RE: [xsl] Using a Java Function in XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using a Java Function in XSLT
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:50:20 +0100
> What kind of object is passed if I want to pass a the current
> node that matches the template to the extension function?
> Currently the existing java class that i plan on using
> expects a File object.

In the case of Saxon, the object will be an instance of Saxon's NodeInfo
interface, unless the actual tree is a JDOM/DOM/XOM/DOM4J tree and the
function expects a JDOM/DOM/XOM/DOM4J node, in which case the underlying
node will be passed.

If you're expecting a File, then you're probably expecting to parse the XML.
That's obviuosly unnecessary in this environment as the XML is already in
tree form.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/