Re: [xsl] fo:inline within fo:basic-link (extra output space)

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:inline within fo:basic-link (extra output space)
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:26:59 +0000
On Tue, Nov 13 2007 01:34:03 +0000, ka.aly@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've added the element WebLink to xsl:strip-space to overcome, but
> didn't work.
>
> The source XML is:
>
>    employing <WebLink url="http://www.xml.org";
> <http://www.xml.org>>XML</WebLink>-based single-sourcing.

This input is not well-formed since the WebLink start-tag has
"<http://www.xml.org>" inside it.

When your input is not XML, it's surprising you can get any output.

> The Saxon generated FO is:
>
>    employing <fo:basic-link external-destination="http://www.xml.org";
> <http://www.xml.org>>
> <fo:inline color="blue" text-decoration="underline">XML</fo:inline>
> </fo:basic-link>-based single-sourcing

The output is also not well-formed.

There's definitely something odd going on because you've managed to
split the ">XML" text to insert the fo:inline start-tag.

Regards,

Tony Graham.
Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.menteithconsulting.com

Menteith Consulting Ltd             Registered in Ireland - No. 428599
Menteith Consulting -- Understanding how markup works