Re: [xsl] Problem with xsl:template using XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with xsl:template using XSLT 1.0
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:40:15 +0100 (CET)
Scott Trenda wrote:

  Hi

> Remember that your <xsl:template/> elements should match
> fairly generically (match="player" in this case), and your
> <xsl:apply-templates/> elements should be where you narrow
> down your selection.

  Weird, personnally I would have said the opposite.

  A template rule focuses on how dealing with the current
node, and delegates how dealing with other nodes to other
rules.  One natural way (but there are others) to handle
complexity is then to apply templates to all children and
let template rules to handle differently different matches.

  Off course, that supposes that there is a specific place
in a template rule to put an instruction "apply templates to
all children."

  Regards,

--drkm