Re: [xsl] XPath predicate in with-param's select

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath predicate in with-param's select
From: "Felix Geller" <fgeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:16:27 +0100
On Dec 17, 2007 3:03 PM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The code runs fine as is. But the processing time explodes (from 6s to
> > 82m) if I change line 33 such that the select statement uses
> > a predicate on the node set.
>
> I don't think there is any intrinsic reason why that should perform badly;
> but unfortunately writing your code to achieve good performance is
> inevitably dependent (to some degree) on the processor you are using. So
> this is really a product-specific question.

I also tried SaxonB for Java, but I don't get the current version of
my stylesheet (without the predicate) to run on my XML document. It
fails with an OutOfMemoryError, also when upping the VM's maximum by
-Xmx512000000. I'm using Java 1.6.0_03 and the Saxon B 9.0.02j (I took
this from the archive's name, not sure how to get the version through
parameters.)

Here is the output I get when using SaxonB, ellipses indicate omitted
path names: http://pastebin.com/m4142863c

Any hints?

~felix