Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 in a web browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 in a web browser
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller.2007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:56:10 +0100
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Colin Adams
<colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 25/03/2008, bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Is there some reason why Gestalt would be easily transferable to Firefox
>
>  I forsee no problems.
>

>  >  I supposed that being implemented in Eiffel it would be more
>  >  problematic than a java based one?
>
>  Less so, I would have thought. Since there is no virtual machine
>  involved, there is no worries about which version of the JVM is
>  implemented in Firefox.
>  I intend to write a C wrapper to the Gestalt API. This will then be
>  usable from PHP, Python, Ruby etc. Then all I need to do for Firefox
>  is to implement the C++ class and forward calls to the C wrapper.

just wondering;  how would someone who downloads firefox source then
compile .... u can't expect people to depend on a pre-compiled binary,
on the other hand I can't see mozilla follks wanting to add an Eiffel
compile step as a dependency. making apologies now for my Eiffel
ignorance ;)

and to make my question a bit more XSLT related .... do u have any
formal XSLT performance benchmarks for gestalt ?

cheers, Jim Fuller