[xsl] Detecting XML elements not transformed

Subject: [xsl] Detecting XML elements not transformed
From: Harry Liljeström <harry.liljestrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:06:09 +0300 (EEST)
Hi All,

I'm using Xalan-C version 1.10 and I have an input XML to be transformed to output XML.

In other words, I have an application with XML configuration 3.x, which I upgrade to 4.x by using a XSL (v1.0) transform. All 3.x XML configuration elements are not supported in 4.x configuration. So, I would like somehow inform the user about those 3.x XML configuration elements which were not transformed during XSL transformation. The 3.x XML configuration is varying quite lot for different customers, so I would like to have a generally applicable way of detecting those 3.x XML configuration elements which were not transformed during upgrade. Is it possible to write a XSL template for this purpose?

Could I e.g. somehow have two output files, conf4x.xml and notsupported.xml? conf4x.xml would contain the upgraded 4.x XML and notsupported.xml would contain those 3.x XML elements which were not tranformed.

Does anybody have any ideas or examples of this?

Thanks in advance,

Harry