Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:47:57 +0200 (CEST)
David Carlisle wrote:

> >   This leads into a warning with Saxon telling that "The child axis
> > starting at an attribute node will never select anything."

> sounds familiar:-)

  ;-)

> the (@*,$foo)/* method works to suppress that, if needed, where
> $foo is a permanently empty global param.

  Yes, <xsl:param name="my:empty"/> is a trick more and more useful,
while processors are getting smarter.

  In this case, because we have only nodes, we can also use an
apply-templates on the nodes and have two template rules: one that
apply templates on the childs and one that does nothing.  Actually,
that way, we are setting two distinct static contexts...

  I wonder if Saxon shouldn't suppress the warning when 'treat as' is
present.  I know a processor can emit as many warnings as it wants, but
maybe that would follow more closely the usage: when the developer uses
'treat as', she knows why, she tells the processor she is smarter than
it, and she asks to be trusted, wouldn't it?

  Regards,

--drkm