Re: [xsl] fo:instream-foreign-object - fo:table height overflow

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:instream-foreign-object - fo:table height overflow
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 00:03:45 +0200
Peter Rushforth wrote:
<fo:table-row height="9.0in">
[snip]
                      <fo:block>
                         <fo:instream-foreign-object width="11.5in" height="9in">

The problem is that the object is embedded within a line, and you get some space (the half-leading) added to the line height. This can be avoided by setting line-height="0" on the block, there are some other ways as well. You may still run into round-off problems, if so try using height="9.0in + 0.1pt" (yes this should work) on the table row.

I am assuming the resolution of the processor is 72 dpi, so I'm
scaling my graphics into that space.

SVG is vector graphics, and FOP tries to avoid rasterizing it if the target format allows vector graphics, like PDF does. In this case, image resolution is irrelevant.

J.Pietschmann