Re: [xsl] MSXML DOCTYPE error

Subject: Re: [xsl] MSXML DOCTYPE error
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:38:00 +0100
> I am currently in the process of cleaning up the XSL's -
> as part of this exercise I have moved a number of variable
> declarations that are use as global constants and moved them to an
> external dtd file

Personally I would say that's a bad idea - why do you feel the need to
move variable declarations into the dtd?  Next you'll be "tidying"
namespace declarations into defaulted values...

At worst you should stick them into a "variables.xslt" file... but my
usual choice would be to declare them where they are used (not hard
when using monolithic stylesheets) or in the primary stylesheet.

You should really aim to ditch the DTD altogether!

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com