Re: [xsl] invalid xpath?

Subject: Re: [xsl] invalid xpath?
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 23:22:48 +0200
Michael Kay wrote:
In one place the "." slipped into the code instead of "$Arg", and the template operated on the original text node instead of the partly processed one.

This is one advantage of xsl:function over xsl:template - it prevents inadvertent use of expressions referring to the context node.

Very interesting point you make there, Michael. I always found it a miss of the specification that functions cannot act on the current node (yet I did see that it would have some non-trivial complications in terms of scope and manageability). From this point of view the motivation of that decision is much clearer.

Cheers,
-- Abel --