RE: [xsl] accessing the input XML's doctype

Subject: RE: [xsl] accessing the input XML's doctype
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:28:08 +0100
> Can anyone point to a modified XML parser that works with
> saxon that is similar to the one in the article?
> http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2000/08/09/xslt/xslt.html

I suspect that Eric's article was written before the introduction of SAX2,
which provides the information that Eric was suggesting should be exposed by
a "modified parser". So you can now use any SAX2 parser to do this job.

> Or is the custom SAX filter as Michael suggested a better approach?

It's essentially the same approach. But the code to take the Java events and
turn them into objects in the XDM data model still needs to be done.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/