Re: [xsl] XSL If Statement - Repost

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL If Statement - Repost
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:10:21 +0100
> My stylesheet is starting with
> xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl=http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

don't use that, nobody uses that language any more, it isn't xslt.

> I did try to use - xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
> but it was also giving me syntax errors.

Yes if you use a processor desined for microsoft's wd-xsl language and
give it an xslt stylesheet it naturally can not handle it.

 Note to switch from microsoft wd-xsl to XSLT you can't just change the
namespace declaration on the first line, the languages are almost
completely different (apart from their name). think of java and
javascript, despite some similarity in the names of the languages
changing from one to the other requires rewriting the code, not just
changing a declaration on the first line.

> so that I can paste the whole code in the email.

If it is microsoft wd-xsl there is no need to post the code, that is the
source of your problem.

David