RE: [xsl] Result tree fragment to string?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Result tree fragment to string?
From: "Garriss Jr., James P." <jgarriss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:54:06 -0400
If I were simply outputting the contents of the variable, then yes,
this
would be fine.  But I want to do some string processing first, so no, I
don't think this is what I need.

Here's a contrived example that demonstrates what I need:

    <xsl:variable name="rtf">
    </xsl:variable>

I need to send this variable, $rtf, to a named template, where I intend
eliminate the redundant <div>.  Note that I have been forbidden to dork
with
the variable code itself; someone else maintains it.  (Have I mentioned
that
my development environment is constricting?)

James Garriss
http://garriss.blogspot.com