RE: [xsl] Result tree fragment to string?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Result tree fragment to string?
From: "Garriss Jr., James P." <jgarriss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:31:13 -0400
> From: Wendell Piez [mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

> In other words, you need to modify the RTF but you are forbidden to
> modify the code that generates it? :-)

Exactly!

And there is good reason for this:  separation of concerns.  One team
generates the RTF (code which is extensive and complex); another team
modifies the result to meet a specific need.

> For this, you really have no choice but use XSLT 2.0, a node-set()
> extension in 1.0, or output the RTF (along with whatever else you
> need) as an intermediate result to be processed in a discrete step.

That's what I thought.  I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed
anything.

> Or is it possible simply to override the logic that generates it with

> your own, or bypass it entirely?

Regrettably, no.

Thanks much for thinking through this with me!

James Garriss
http://garriss.blogspot.com