Re: [xsl] want to add node number to sub node

Subject: Re: [xsl] want to add node number to sub node
From: Fred Christian <fredc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 17:26:58 -0700
Thanks David your suggestion helped. You figured out what I wanted in spite of my poor wording.

re: saxon 8 because we started with it two years ago and don't want to take a chance on an upgrade right now.
This is what worked, and reveals a bit of what I was actually asking.

<xsl:number format="a" from="group" level="any" count="problem"/>

Wow, I guess this would have worked with a 1.0 processor. I thought I knew 1.0 so didn't check my reference and figured I was stuck numbering the current context. Shame on me.