Re: [xsl] FO: gap between cells in a table

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: gap between cells in a table
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:16:50 -0400
At 2008-10-21 14:50 +0200, Florent Georges wrote:
"G. Ken Holman" wrote:

> > What is the best approach for this problem?

> I would implement the sub-tables as individual tables.

Thanks for your answer. I will experiment with this approach.

> Since gaps are table-wide properties, I think embedding tables
> is best

Which property can I use to set the gap width?

The shorthand is: border-spacing="<length> <length>?"

 - the first specifies the separation in the inline-progression direction
 - that applies to the block-progression direction unless overridden
   with the second

The longhand is:  border-separation.inline-progression-direction="<length>"
                  border-separation.block-progression-direction="<length>"

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg