Re: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1

Subject: Re: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 13:50:46 -0700
> Since it is proposed to be the first of the two alternatives, which is
> not copying, then I withdraw my comment.
>
> Perhaps modified-copy would be a better name.

I would propose:

  <xsl:mode default-action="clone"/>

So, we are not interested in the exact way the clone is produced (or
its granularity) as long as we get an exact clone of the input.

This has a good meaning even for infinite XML documents, in a process
which may never stop, but is continuously producing the expected
results.

I would suggest to consider the verb:

  <xsl:process/>
or

  <xsl:processing-mode/>

instead of <xsl:mode/>

as we already have a "mode" attribute with slightly different scope
(template selection).

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev