Re: [xsl] Maximum recursion depth exceeded

Subject: Re: [xsl] Maximum recursion depth exceeded
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:45:49 +0300
Hi Bryan,

It is in a way equivalent with a transformation that ends with a runtime exception, only that the exception is triggered by the user acting on the "stop transformation" action.
We display a status message "Transformation ended by user" and no output. It may be possible to recover a partial output but we never had such a request from users.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com

bryan rasmussen wrote:
oXygen sets a trace listener on Saxon to be able to offer the "Stop
Transformation" action that allows users to stop a transformation at any
time. That causes more method calls as Saxon will call the listener on all
instructions and the transformation requires more stack memory. For example
I was able to run your transformation setting the stack for oXygen to 10MB.
In the current development code of oXygen we found another way to implement
the "Stop Transformation" action, without setting a trace listener on Saxon
and your stylesheet works without problems with the default stack memory.

Just wondering - what happens to the result of a transformation if you stop it before it is finished - does your method have access to a partial result tree ?

Best Regards,
Bryan Rasmussen