RE: [xsl] Avoiding multiple "apply-templates" by creating one variable for the clauses. Is it possible?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Avoiding multiple "apply-templates" by creating one variable for the clauses. Is it possible?
From: Kate Busch-Petersen <kate.busch-petersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:49:03 +0100
Thanks for your reply, I wrote the code quickly as an example and had a
suspicion the whens were in the wrong order. The general idea (multiple
"apply-templates") still applies.

Would this code have worked anyway? The XSLT 2.0 spec (8.2) reads:

"The content of the first, and only the first, xsl:when element that is
satisfied is evaluated". I suppose it's the same in XSLT 1.0.

So I wonder if the third xsl:when would execute at all, because if either
$AuthorId or $CategoryId evaluate to true, one of the first two xsl:when
should be satisfied.