Re: [xsl] Format Phone number

Subject: Re: [xsl] Format Phone number
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:31:43 +0100
The javadoc for java.text.DecimalFormat which is explicitly referred
to by the XSLT 1.0 spec contains this paragraph - note the last
sentence:

<quote>
The grouping separator is commonly used for thousands, but in some
countries it separates ten-thousands. The grouping size is a constant
number of digits between the grouping characters, such as 3 for
100,000,000 or 4 for 1,0000,0000. If you supply a pattern with
multiple grouping characters, the interval between the last one and
the end of the integer is the one that is used. So "#,##,###,####" ==
</quote>

XSLT 2.0 defines format-number without such a reference, which
explains the difference.

I'd prefer substring and concatenation functions for creating the
999-999-9999 pattern.
-W