Re: [xsl] Visual XHTML diff

Subject: Re: [xsl] Visual XHTML diff
From: Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:08:41 +0000
2009/12/28 Michael M|ller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Am 24.12.2009 um 23:40 schrieb Aaron Gray:
>
> >> You have both missed my point. I want an XSLT stylesheet to compared
> >> or merge XML(XBEL)/XHTML files resulting in XHTML or XBEL output
> >> files. Maybe I shouldhave not said "Visual".

> > Anyone give me any clue how to approach this problem ?

Michael,

Thanks for the reply.

> Apparently this is not a task that would be very easy to do in XSL,
depending on the level of detail you want in the result. >It would be no fun
at all to implement a longest common string algorithm in XSL 1.0. So, it seems
most solutions use >other tools to prepare something which could then be
turned into a visual representation in a way you like.

Right, I thought it would be a tough problem if possible at all.

> I am currently evaluating those options to handle the diff task:
>
> * http://nwalsh.com/java/diffmk/ [not under development]
> * http://xmlunit.sourceforge.net/ [active development]
> * http://www.xmldifftool.com/ [author says a new version is under
development]

Okay, please let me know what you find. I will have a look too, when I
get the time and right head on.

I had been considering a DOM based solution too.

Thanks,

Aaron