Re: [xsl] Expanding Tabs

Subject: Re: [xsl] Expanding Tabs
From: Alex Muir <alex.g.muir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:30:27 +0000
Okay I see,

What I'm doing is converting old text documents into XML. I feel like
the string length and position of the text is important given there
are tables represented in the text, section titles, subsection titles,
lists, footnotes, paragraphs,, new pages...

The length of a line, how much text follows one line to the next,
blank lines, the space between table columns will all be relevant for
determining what is what in the document and surrounding content with
xml tags.

I'll be using regex and analyze string for the majority of the process
so it may be that white space in general is all I need to match on
however it seemed that line length and position of text will be
relevant and so wanted to have every tab expanded to have the same
number of space so that counts are accurate,,, perhaps the logic would
have been easier for some aspects with expanded tabs.

Will see

Regards
Alex

--