[xsl] presenting xml elements as they appear in the source file

Subject: [xsl] presenting xml elements as they appear in the source file
From: Rod Kane <rkane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:54:59 -0400
Hello,

In general can anyone suggest how to display xml nodes as they appear in the
source file?
If there is an easy way of doing this it will assist with this problem:

I'd like to use xsl to prepare an html document but at certain points the xml
becomes an arbitrary mix of nodes, think of a number of a number of
legal/valid elements that can be arranged in arbitrary ways, such as a nested
query.

Since the composition of the query is unpredictable it is necessary to just
present the nodes as they are in the source xml, complete with the < >
brackets, to make things easy.

I see that there are examples of presenting xml in trees and that may be a bit
time consuming for a beginner to implement so simply listing the elements
verbatim is fine for now.

Thank you

Rod