Re: [xsl] presenting xml elements as they appear in the source file

Subject: Re: [xsl] presenting xml elements as they appear in the source file
From: Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:41:50 -0400
Hey, Wendell! We were just speaking of your magic with DHQ. :-)

>      <xsl:value-of select="name()"/>

In a namespaced environment, is the output of this specified, or is
it implementation dependent? I.e., if the context node is <tei:head>,
will this always return "tei:head" (where "tei" is the prefix as used
in the stylesheet, I presume) or will it sometimes make up its own
namespace prefix (e.g., "ns1:head") or generate a string that
indicates the namespace in some other way (e.g.
"http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0^^head";)?

In any case, such concerns can be avoided with
     <xsl:value-of select="local-name()"/>
which is what I use. (Which is why I don't know what name() returns
:-)