Re: [xsl] change number of indent blanks from default=3 to 2 ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] change number of indent blanks from default=3 to 2 ?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 12:37:29 +0100
for Saxon it is possible:
http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensions/output-extras/indent-spaces.html

for me, it is not quite good, because I want tab as indentation character. Does anybody know how to accomplish this?

The only way to do that is to subclass the SerializerFactory with your own version in which you override the newXMLIndenter() to substitute the XMLIndenter in the pipeline with your own version. You can create that with a few simple mods to the standard XMLIndenter. You can set your own SerializerFactory using the configuration property "http://saxon.sf.net/feature/serializerFactoryClass";, e.g. with the option --serializerFactoryClass=com.me.mySerializerFactory on the command line.

Michael Kay
Saxonica