[xsl] URI's, double backslashes and regular expressions

Subject: [xsl] URI's, double backslashes and regular expressions
From: Neil Owens <neil_owens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 19:51:02 +0100
I just can't figure out the syntax here

I'm passing a directory location into Saxon as a parameter.  Only I need to
make every '\' character in the (windows) directory path a '\\' for the uri in
the transform.  As it's only the transform that needs this I thought I'd do
the conversion in the transform.  And it's beaten me.

The command line param is: ...path="C:\Documents and Settings\Adminis
trator\My Documents\Projects\Transform\OutputFiles"

I've got this neatly passed into the transform with:

<xsl:param name="path"></xsl:param>
<xsl:template match="Log">
        <xsl:value-of select= replace($path, '\\', '\\')" />
        <xsl:variable name="Command" select="concat($path,
'\\OutputFiles\\Command-output.xml')" />
        <xsl:result-document method="xml" href="{$Command}">

But fails and I just can't figure out how to achieve setting the
result-document href to equal "C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\My
Documents\\Projects\\Transform\OutputFiles"

I know I can (I tried and it works) just add the correct number of backslashes
to the command line param, but I don't want to.

As ever, thanks in advance...