Re: [xsl] Are there things missing in XSLT which force people to use, say, Java to process XML?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Are there things missing in XSLT which force people to use, say, Java to process XML?
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 05:30:07 +0530
On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Costello, Roger L. <costello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Many developers use Java to process XML documents.
>
> Why?
>
> Are there things missing in XSLT which force them to use Java? What things?

I think there are many use-cases where we can use either XSLT or Java
to solve those problems. I tend to use Java drivers (using JAXP, SAX
filters etc) to control XSLT transforms.

XSLT 2.0 is now able to do many of the tasks for which Java (or
perhaps another extension technology) was necessary earlier (for e.g
we now have a vast F&O library in XSLT 2.0, and information
aggregation from XML and flat text files is easier now with XSLT 2.0).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi