RE: [xsl] Novice Question - matching entire text children

Subject: RE: [xsl] Novice Question - matching entire text children
From: "David Lee" <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:56:08 -0500
----> Wendell
As to the question at hand, I'm still not sure we know why your template
matching "ELEM/text()" was matching more than once inside a given ELEM,
whether because of something about your tree, or the presence of a
comment or PI or other interference.

But I'm not sure you care any more: maybe your actual question has been
asked and answered.

Some of both.   The generated XSLT is quite complicated (or atleast obtuse)
and my debugger wasn't giving me much help where the "\n   \n" was coming
So I tossed in a
	   <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

And made some other changes which I've forgotten and now its not happening
anymore ...
So I guess I'm beyond it now :)

But the bit about PI's and comments breaking the text means I will still
need to revisit this.
Thinking possible of putting the XML through a pre-process to remove all
comments and PI's before running the XSLT ...
Or maybe have to result to a PUSH mode and make the code generation trickier
Atleast now I think I know what the expected behaviour is.
Thanks everyone !

David A. Lee