Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:57:32 +0100
> There's clearly an objective that web applications -especially those that
> use XML content - should be significantly easier to build this way than with
> JavaScript.

In my very limited experience, there's typically an xml-to-json step
that converts the xml used in the back end to json for use in the
front end... which then turns that json back into (x)html... so that's
potentially one step removed :)

Javascript these days though is amazing.  I've been using JQuery
recently and it's really impressive, its also got some familiar
concepts, such as

$.each(json.foo, function(i, foo) {
} );

...to apply the function to each item in the list.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com