Re: [xsl] Hexadecimal character reference

Subject: Re: [xsl] Hexadecimal character reference
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 12:32:19 +0200
Ganesh Babu N wrote:

By providing<xsl:output encoding="iso-8859-1"/>, we will get decimal
character references (&#160;) etc...in the output without any list of
mapping.

I don't think the XSLT specification mandates a particular format for character references, thus if you get decimal character references with one processor then you can't expect the same output with a different processor.

By any means can we get the Hexadecimal values (&#x00A0;)  in the
output without any list of mapping?

I know by using character-maps in XSLT 2.0 we can achieve this (we
have to provide the mapping manually).

Can this be possible in XSLT 1.0 without providing any mapping?

Which platform and XSLT processor do you use? If there is any way to ensure a certain format for character references in the output of an XSLT serialization then probably only with extension settings of a certain XSLT processor or by writing a custom result tree serializer, for instance a custom XmlWriter in the case of the .NET platform.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/