Re: [xsl] xsl:processing-instruction not processed

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:processing-instruction not processed
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:02:20 +0200
Jan wrote:

I have one xsd and two stylesheets. I'd like to transform the xsd in two
steps.
I am processing the xsd file to generate xml with the first xsl and I am
adding a xsl:processing-instruction like this:

<xsl:processing-instruction name="xml-stylesheet">
<xsl:text>type="text/xml" href="second.xsl"</xsl:text>
</xsl:processing-instruction>

My idea was that the result of the first transformation would than
transformed again by applying the second xsl added as
xsl:processing-instruction. But only the first transformation is applied.
I have tried it with Chrome (simply by opening the local xsd file).

Is it Chrome's processor or is my idea simply wrong?

I don't know of any browser supporting chaining transformations, other than by using Javascript to run the transformations.

--

Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/