Re: [xsl] FW: [Sedna-discussion] Strange issue when declaring default element namespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] FW: [Sedna-discussion] Strange issue when declaring default element namespace
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 17:55:40 -0400
At 2011-06-29 23:26 +0200, Robby Pelssers wrote:
I wanted to verify that my problem discussed in below thread is actually not a bug but supposed to work like that. Can someone confirm below findings? I think this question applies to several mailinglists (xquery/ xslt/ sedna).

You make it difficult by not distilling what you want confirmed.

In the classroom I describe this with a simple summary:

In XSLT the XPath default namespace and the XML default namespace are distinct. You must always declare them separately.

In XQuery the XPath default namespace and the XML default namespace are in lock step. If you declare in the prologue or you declare in a start tag, both default namespaces are always set with the declaration.

Is more detail needed?

I hope this helps.

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal