Re: [xsl] adjust width of block to previous block

Subject: Re: [xsl] adjust width of block to previous block
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:50:05 +0100 (IST)
On Fri, July 15, 2011 4:07 pm, Mathis Mvrke wrote:
> I don't know how to adjust the width of a next block to the previous
> block. I have an external graphic in a block and want the next block
> to have the same size as the block containing the external graphic.

Put them both in a fo:block-container with 'inline-progression-dimension'
set to the width of the graphic, which you are already using to set
'content-width' on the fo:external-graphic.

It's a bit trickier when you don't know the width of the graphic, but you
could try using a <length-range> for the 'inline-progression-dimension' of
the fo:block-container and set 'inline-progression-dimension.optimum' to
something very small and (possibly redundantly) set
'inline-progression-dimension.maximum' to 'auto'.  If you are lucky, FOP
*may* size the fo:block-container to the width of the fo:external-graphic
and not increase it when the caption turns out to be wider than the
graphic.

If FOP supported 'table-layout="auto"', then you would have had another
option by using a table to contain the graphic and caption.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming