Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:32:27 +0100 (IST)
On Wed, August 17, 2011 10:25 am, Andrew Welch wrote:
>> As a committer for both XSpec and Juxy [1], I'm glad when people adopt
>> XSpec
>
> So who has adopted xspec, is anyone on the list currently using it or
> know of its use on any big projects?  The download count is very

How big is big?  I've used it (as you might expect) and on a fairly big
project, but thanks to the magic of NDA's I can't say what.

> low...  (the 0.2 version number doesn't inspire confidence either :)

Surely the question isn't whether it's popular with other people but
whether it works for you?

Arguably, XSLT people haven't drunk the testing Kool-Aid to the extent
that, say, Java people have, and even fewer will have drunk the
test-driven development flavour.  XSLTers also have other techniques
available such as validating the output with a schema and/or Schematron or
using a schema-aware XSLT processor.  But the validating your output isn't
the same as ensuring it's the right output for a given input.

And I think you can attribute the low version number to modesty, not lack
of usefulness.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming