Re: [xsl] Dealing mixed content with invalid node-like text

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dealing mixed content with invalid node-like text
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:33:39 +0000
On 06/12/2011 22:42, Karlmarx R wrote:
Hello David,

Yes, I do process the content in 2 stages, preprocess into one form
of XML and then further process that to my final XML form. BUT, BOTH
are done in XSL with one signle file and the problem that I reported
is in first stage conversion itself. To make things even more clear,
here is a rough skeleton and explanation of my process.I get the
entire content of the input into a variable $input-text, and then
tokenize it to get each line of data into another variable, as
below.

<xsl:variable name="lines" select="tokenize($input-text, '\r?\n')"/>

ah, so perhaps something like

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
		xmlns:d="data:,dpc"
		exclude-result-prefixes="d"

<xsl:import href="http://web-xslt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/htmlparse/htmlparse.xsl"/>

<xsl:variable name="in"><![CDATA[
Line one text <b>within valid node</b> and like <II .> Title etc
another line can be just normal text
]]></xsl:variable>

<xsl:template name="main">
<out>
 <xsl:sequence select="d:htmlparse($in,'',false())"/>
</out>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

which makes

 saxon9 -it main a.xsl
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><out>
Line one text <b>within valid node</b> and like &lt;II .&gt; Title etc
another line can be just normal text
</out>sh-4.1$ saxon9 -it main a.xsl
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><out>
Line one text <b>within valid node</b> and like &lt;II .&gt; Title etc
another line can be just normal text
</out>

David