Re: [xsl] Rule of thumb: Are XPath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0 constructs faster?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Rule of thumb: Are XPath 2.0 or XSLT 2.0 constructs faster?
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 10:13:28 +0000
> I like pure XPath solutions because they are less verbose, but I find
> "full" XSLT less restricting and easier to debug (especially when I
> want to check what variable holds what value).

...and insert additional instructions like xsl:message or comments, or
allow refactorings at certain points like an apply-templates instead
of just getting the value.

My general guide is use XPath for simple tasks, say an if-then-else,
but when its get past trivial, eg if-then-else-if-then-else, switch to
the longer winded choose/when, as your future self with thank you for
it.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com