Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors
From: Michael Dykman <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 20:13:39 -0500

Have you looked at Quercus?

It's a highly performant PHP implementation implemented as a Java
servlet.  I have seen benchmarks which suggest that it as fast as
Enterprise PHP and extending it with Java methods is trivial.  If you
like PHP (which I don't especially), you still have the opportunity of
doing XSLT 2.0 in that environment.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Terence Kearns <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> RIP my XML/PHP framework (for which my enthusiasm kinda died due to no
> real XSLT2 support in PHP's roadmap).
> ...grateful for Saxon...
>>> Sadly, not yet (except via the Java bridge). No recent news from the
>>> project: Perhaps Steve Ball found
>>> else to do with his weekends. I think the days of hobbyist
>>> of these technologies are past.
>> This posting sort of sums it up:
>> I don't think you can write an XSLT 2.0 processor and have an unrelated
>> job. Most of the coding for Saxon's XSLT 2.0 processor was done when I was
>> employed by Software AG full time on standards work, and I was spending
>> about half my time on the standards and half on Saxon, with the full
>> encouragement of my employer. I think we can forget about this project
>> unless it finds a sponsor.
>> Michael Kay
>> Saxonica
> --
> PHOTO.VIDEO | ABN 58705023254 | ph 0412 235 575

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx

 May the Source be with you.