Re: [xsl] Why are there no XSLT processors implemented in XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why are there no XSLT processors implemented in XSLT?
From: Markus Abt <abt@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 17:29:10 +0200
Hi Hermann,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt wrote:
> Now I came back to the original plan to execute naxos.xsl "with itself".

According to [1], top-level xsl:param is only implemented with @select,
but not with element contents.

I've done a slight modification in naxos.xsl (not in your naxos2.xsl):
$ diff original/naxos.xsl modified/naxos.xsl
16c16
<     <xsl:param name="use-stylesheet"/>
---
>     <xsl:param name="use-stylesheet" select="''"/>

Using 7800 MByte of Java heap space on an 8GB machine, it runs more
than 10 minutes (hardly swapping), until:

I guess it's basically a hardware problem!

Best regards,
Markus

[1] http://futzle.com/users/debbiep/naxos/naxos.html